Wednesday, November 17, 2010

to do list

a girl's gotta do:

Last night I talked to a good friend about a new thought pertaining to an old problem. WHAT DO I WANT TO DO WITH MY LIFE?! (I ask myself this question about 10x/day.) I used to make fun of mi esposo because he always asked this question for himself and I just couldn't understand why it was such a big deal. "Do whatever makes you happy!" was my ignorant reply. I didn't get why he couldn't just make up his mind and go with it. Now, sitting in a puddle of mud, I'm wondering the same thing. Where does happiness come from? Money? Things? People? Approval? What is it I really want? Happiness=the Lord. Remember that old tune? I want to be eternally grateful and I want to show everyone that I feel it. I don't like sitting here acting like life is exactly what I want it to be. I want to make changes -- and I want to know how to make those changes. But I want to be happy doing it. I want God to make the change within me daily. Not just when I'm playing in a pig-pen of muck.


ask & it shall be given:

Sometimes we wonder why we are where we are. I feel like each time I have a moment like that it's God telling me he's in control. Hindsight is always 20.20, right? Why can't we just keep our eyes on the prize? Sin has its way of creeping into the highlight of our day and tormenting it to no end! How do we keep our focus on HIS purpose for our lives? It's buried treasure. Once you find it, it's simple. The hunt is what's so challenging. In the bible I have found so many times the encouragement I need at the exact time I'm needing it. For instance, problems at home, work, play? Psalms 91 reminds me that God's always there! Even when it feels like he's far away.
Ok so maybe that's an easy one. Dig deeper then! Maybe you'll finally find what you've been looking for.

challenge:

Pray for God to reveal something to you in a way you wouldn't normally consider. Can you find the answer when confiding in a true friend? Could you have been looking right at the answer the whole time and not realized it?

Things I want to do include the following:
  • teach Emma her abc's (recognition of letters and sounds)
  • run a 1/2 marathon
  • figure out what I want to do for my career
  • lower my cholesterol
  • read more inspirational literature
  • record a song
  • keep up on my blog
  • renew my teaching licenses
  • spend more time with my family & friends
  • relearn my bible stories so I can teach my kids

Reminder for next blog title: Bully me not.

3 comments:

  1. Love your list of things to do - tall order but you'll do it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal... I love your honest writing. You are an incredible friend and I feel so blessed that you are in my life. Thank you for all your talks and wise words. Thanks again... for the ride to work this morning too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I read this and didn't realize it was yours until the very end. I thought this was Mom's page... I wondered why mom would want to tell her kids the Bible stories.

    ReplyDelete